SUMMER FUN WITH LINCOLN PARKS & RECREATION
There are many opportunities to get out, be active and have fun during summer in Lincoln. Lincoln residents of all ages can enjoy Lincoln Parks and Recreation’s 126 parks, 132 miles of trails, seven recreation centers, 9 public pools, 5 city golf courses, Pioneers Park Nature Center, Woods Tennis Center and Team Sports Programs. We encourage you to include Parks and Recreation activities on your summer “To Do” list! Here are a few things to start your list.
- Enjoy the sunset while canoeing on Holmes Lake the last Wednesday of the month from 5:30-7:30.
- Get moving at one of the many free Fitness classes offered at Jane Snyder Trail Center as part of the Move More Lincoln Wellness Series. New to the lineup this year is Pilates at noon on Monday.
- Get fit at one of our many free Water Fitness Classes offered at area swimming pools.
- Grab a blanket and come enjoy a free family friendly movies in the Park.
Sign up now for FUNdamental Summer Day Camps
- Summer recreation programming for youth grades K-7 focus on fun, friendship, fitness and healthy lifestyles choices. Activities include the development of social skills, along with character education and an emphasis on nutrition. Camps are offered Weekdays 7 AM to 6 PM at 8 locations across town.
- Spend the summer immersed in nature, hiking, exploring and going on adventures with your friends at Pioneers Park Nature Camps.
- Crunch and Lunch is a free and fun program for youth who have completed K-5 grades from 11-12 at Peter Pan Park. Staff will provide quality recreational experiences and enrichment opportunities that promotes creativity, teamwork, and healthy lifestyles a hot lunch will be served from 12:00-12:30 A hot lunch will be served at ConnectioN Point from 12:00-12:30 Monday through Friday.
It’s a Party and EVERYONE is invited!
- Come and play Party on the Plaza is Saturday, May 18 from 4-7pm which is also National Kids to Park Day. Kids of all ages will enjoy mud sculpting, face painting, balloon animals, the fancy flamingo toss, plastic duck race and a life size kaleidoscope. You can enjoy performances by The McPhee Drumtastic, Goodrich Step Club, the Calvert Coyote Chorus and & Kaioke Ukuleles, Three Battles Goju Ryu Karate and the Chimwemewe Dancers..
- Celebrate National Pollinators Week at Pollinators on the Plaza on Wednesday June 19th from 4-6 pm/ at Union Plaza. The free family events will have lots of fund and creative activities to learn about the wonderful world of pollinators.
For more information or to register for these or other programs visit the Lincoln Parks and Recreation website.