YWCA of Lincoln Programs Empower Women, Families
The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. The YW also works to promote the physical and emotional health and wellness, as well as the economic wellbeing, of underserved communities with programs and outreach events.
YWCA New Location!
YWCA Lincoln is now located at 5631 S. 48th St. Suite 410 Lincoln, NE 68516 and looking forward to growth in our their space and continuing to serve the community! The YW hosted a "Garden Party" themed open house, on July 29, to celebrate their planned growth in their new location.
Physical, Emotional Health and Wellness
The YW program, Wholesome Hygiene Program, recognizes that basic hygiene needs are essential to both physical and emotional wellbeing. The program provides basic hygiene items to individuals and families who don't have access to or can't afford these items.
The Circle of Security is an 8-week evidence-based parenting program that teaches parents how to build a strong relationship with their children. The program helps parents give their children a feeling of security and confidence to help build essential skills for life-long success. Currently seeking organizations who want to offer Circle of Security Parenting to their clients! For more information, contact Halea Pacula, Director of Family and Community Engagement at (402) 434-3494 ext. 108 or email Halea Pacula.
The YWCA also works to promote the financial health of underserved families and youth to increase economic independence and security. The Employ402 program, focusing on youth and young adults, is designed to develop skills and provide the resources needed to enhance job opportunities and wisely manage income. Classes and resources include:
- Financial Literacy – participants learn how to set up and manage bank accounts and monthly budgets, and learn the basics about investing. Find class schedules, locations, class applications, and more information at this link.
- Job Coaching and Preparedness– participants get one-on-one coaching, resume review, job search assistance, strengths identification, and resource referral. More information.
- Job Outfitters – the YWCA Lincoln partners with Lincoln Goodwill to provide vouchers to individuals seeking or maintaining employment to purchase clothing for interviews and ongoing work attire. For information about vouchers, contact the YW at (402)434-3494.
- Coming soon - A series on entrepreneurship in the near future at this link.
The YWCA Lincoln is currently looking for college students who are reliable, compassionate, and dedicated to helping serve youth in the Lincoln community. Several part time opportunities are available in these programs:
- CATCH – is a mentorship and leadership program focusing on high school girls. Learn more and apply at this link.
- SMART Girls Club - is an empowerment program for girls in 4th through 12th grades to explore science, technology, engineering, and math (S.T.E.M.) Learn more and apply at this link.
- Take A Break - offers caregiver respite for any parent or guardian of children, 1 – 10 years old, who identify on the spectrum or have other special needs. Learn more.