The Great Plains Trails Network is a group of citizens who advocate and support a network of trails in and around Lancaster County, Nebraska, for jogging, biking, walking and horseback riding.
Healthy Trails Communities and People
The Great Plains Trails Network strives to:
- Secure funding for trails from public and private sources
- Work cooperatively on trail projects with governmental agencies
- Promote trails legislation
- Provide opportunities for citizens to learn more about trails, their value and appropriate use
- Provide trail-based activities including Trail Trek.
OUR ACCOMPLISMENTS INCLUDE:
- Raising $50,000 to help replace the Bison Trail Bridge
- Participating extensively in the City of Lincoln /Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan Update
- Working with the City of Lincoln to create a comprehensive trail signage master plan
- Developing this new full-color trail map with street-level detail