Steeped in history, YWCA Lincoln has been a leader and driving force for human empowerment in the Lincoln community since its founding in 1886. The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Youth Development Programs:
- SMART Girls Club – SMART Girls Club engages 4th through 8th grade girls in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). At club, girls conduct hands-on experiments and investigations. SMART Girls Club empowers girls to see STEM subjects as viable, attainable, and relatable and to envision future careers in STEM-related fields. Learn more.
- Girls Circle - Offered at select LPS schools, this program focuses on middle school girls. The progam works to increase positive connection, personal and collective strengths, and competence in girls and counteract social and interpersonal forces that impede girls’ growth and development. Learn more.
- CATCH - A mentoring program for high school girls that focuses on teaching essential life skills, exploring sense of self, and building meaningful connections to community, and identifying and reaching goals in the areas of career exploration and development, college preparation, identity development, and financial literacy. Learn more.
- Take a Break (TAB) – A respite program providing parents/guardians of children with special needs, ages 1- 12 years, a much needed break. The program facilitates opportunities for caregivers to recharge while their children are cared for in a safe, fun and nurturing environment. Learn more. Learn more.
Family and Community Engagement Programs:
- Employ402- Employ402 is a job readiness program created to address barriers and provide resources for community members seeking mobility, stability, and ingenuity surrounding employment. Employ402 provides resources and coaching to build confidence, skills, and knowledge to support participants in reaching their goals to secure and create a profitable employment experience. Learn more.
- Job Outfitters – The YWCA Lincoln and the Lincoln Goodwill have partnered to provide the widest array of clothing and services possible to our Job Outfitters clients. A free service to people in need, JO offers real world guidance for interviewing, online resources, money management, and job retention, as well as outfitting them for employment success. Learn more about how to utilize or donate to the program.
- Wholesome Hygiene Program- Hygiene is an essential part of a person's overall well-being. The Wholesome Hygiene Program provides basic hygiene items to individuals and families who do not have access or cannot afford these items. Learn more about the program or donate.
- Project Restore – A collaborative project with LPS, Lancaster County Attorney’s Office, LPD, and NDHHS. YWCA program staff act as advocates and communication resources for families that have been identified with facing decisions for Juvenile interventions, working with RESTORE case managers, juvenile court, and school administrators to ensure families connections are made and they have adequate information to make the best decision for their child. Learn more.
- Circle of Security - Circle of Security (COS) is a relationship based early intervention program designed to enhance attachment security between parents and children. COS focuses on parents or caregivers of children younger than 6 years old in high-risk populations such as child enrolled in Early Head Start, teen moms, or parents with irritable babies. Learn more.
Visit the YWCA website or find them on Facebook for events, program information and more.